How we will spend our funding:
Increasing participation in school sport and setting up new after-school clubs
Keep a log of all of the pupils that take part in the different activities during and after-school. This ensures that we can monitor participation in extra-curricular school sports. Listen to ‘Pupil Voice’ – provide school council with the opportunity to recommend sports that they want to see included.
Staff to complete an audit for PE. Identify which areas of PE we are secure in and which we are not. Put measures in place i.e. CPD, peer mentoring and use of EVSP.
Monitor and Observe Lessons
The PE co-ordinator to observe colleagues teach each term to ensure consistent high standards and clear development of skills across the range of sports in the curriculum. The PE co-ordinator to also work alongside teachers in planning high quality sessions. This ensures enhanced quality of teaching and learning. Each term the staff observe Sports Coach and Team teach to upskill PE knowledge and lesson delivery.
Setting up Intra-School events
It is important to maximise the involvement that all of our children have in physical activity. It is evident that most competitions that are on offer through the cluster and partnership events are offered to Key Stage 2 pupils. Organising ‘Intra-School’ events helps to plug this gap. It will allow us to monitor the percentage of those individuals engaged in physical activity throughout the school.
A huge emphasis will be placed on both children and staff embracing the ‘Spirit of the Games Values’ taken from the School Games. These have been developed by young people to identify what the experience of school sport should be built around, and focus on personal excellence through competition
The six values are as follows:
- Honesty – With others and with yourself. Have the courage to do the right thing. Be truthful and promote fairness in every situation
- Teamwork – Treat everyone equally, support each other and work together to have fun and achieve. Celebrate each other’s success. Be a good friend and a positive team player in school, sport and life
- Respect – Treating others politely and with understanding. Accepting life’s ‘ups and downs’ with grace. Respect every day, in everything you do and for everyone around you.
- Self-belief – You’ve got to believe to achieve. Have the self-belief and confidence to succeed and reach your personal best.
- Passion – Giving it 100%, putting your heart and soul into whatever you are doing and never giving up. Care about what you do and the people around you, and approach each opportunity with enthusiasm and positivity
- Determination – Keep going no matter what. Determination is about the journey you go on to push yourself and achieve your dreams. Have the mental strength and the self-discipline to overcome obstacles, commit to your goals and keep working every day to become the very best you can be. Don’t hold back!
Increasing participation in school sports and setting up new after-school clubs
E.g. Basketball, Tag Rugby. Look for new sporting opportunities i.e. lacrosse, archery, fencing.
Send a questionnaire home to parents asking them what regular physical activities their child/ren do on a weekly basis and what timescales. Ask for suggestions for extra-curricular clubs
PE Co-ordinator to keep a log of all of the pupils that take part in school and after-school. This ensures that we can monitor participation in extra-curricular school sports. It also allows the school to determine whether there are any ‘target groups/cohorts’ to look closer at.
How we will monitor the impact of 2020-21 funding:
The school monitors both the physical development and engagement levels of pupils through: –
- Teacher observation, assessment of PE and quality assurance measures.
- School council and pupil voice
- Participation and achievement in school sporting events
- Increased participation in physical activity
- Improved attitudes, well-being and raised self esteem
- Improved behaviour at Lunch-time of pupils actively engaging in sport
- Parent feedback: IDEA – ‘Wow’ notes inform school of pupils sporting / fitness achievements
- Celebration Assembly, Certificates and IDEA -Sports Star of the Week